· The Masdar Institute Research Laboratories Department is the pre-eminent user training facility in the region.
· The department supports the Institute’s research activities with equipment training and maintenance programs designed to build user communities and provide well-maintained equipment for their use.
· In 2016 the department provided over 600 training sessions adding more than 1,000 new users to the research community.
· The Electron Microscopy Facility has trained over 500 users in the field of electron microscopy.
· Many of our facilities are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
· In 2016 the department recorded over 7,500 reservations and 30,000 hours of equipment use.
· Over 3,000 users are registered to use the department’s five core laboratories.
· The department oversees an investment of over USD$70 million worth of equipment and physical infrastructure.