The Institute Center for Microsystems (iMicro) is focused on advanced research and innovations in microsystem technologies that are of importance to the UAE’s emerging semiconductor industry.
- To be the innovation hub of the UAE's emerging semiconductor ecosystem and the world-leading research center in microsystem technologies for sustainable living.
- To provide strategic and operational direction for Masdar Institute's basic and applied microsystems research in order to achieve research excellence and to generate knowledge and technologies that contribute to the establishment of the UAE as a global leader in the semiconductor sector.
- To serve Masdar Institute faculty, students, and stakeholders by supporting a collaborative environment for leading-edge microsystems research that is aligned with the UAE's economic diversification into the semiconductor industry and related technology domains.
Themes & sponsored centers
Research Theme Areas
- Nano-scale device design and fabrication, including module process research & development and investigation of novel materials in support of performance requirements of future technologies
- Circuit and system design, including computer-aided design tools and methodologies for low-power, energy-deficient nano and micro system design
- Photonics for low-power chip interconnects, sensors, and photovoltaic based solar energy conversion
- MEMS based devices, including transducers, resonators, energy harvesters, and accelerometers
Related Sponsored Research Centers