Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Microsystems Program
The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, located in Abu Dhabi, UAE, is an independent, graduate-level, research-driven institute developed with the support and cooperation of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The goal of the Institute is to develop an indigenous R&D capacity in Abu Dhabi that addresses issues of importance to the region in critical areas such as renewable energy, sustainability, environment, water security and microelectronics. The Institute offers graduate degree programs (MSc and PhD) in science and engineering disciplines with a focus on advanced energy and sustainable technologies (www.masdar.ac.ae and http://web.mit.edu/mit-tdp/www/). Several industrial collaborative research projects are underway with major industrial stakeholders such as Siemens, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Boeing/Etihad/UOP Honeywell, and the Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO).
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) at the Masdar Institute invites applications for two post-doctoral positions in the area of opto-electronics or high-speed broadband circuits. Candidates must hold a doctorate in one of the following:
- Electrical Engineering
- Microsystems; or
- Physics, Applied Physics.
The candidate’s doctorate research must have focused on optics and/or communication. Candidates must also have a solid publication record; and show ability and potential to excel in research.
The successful candidate is required to have the following skills:
- Fundamental understanding of optics and optoelectronics
- Experience with photonic system testing and characterization
- Theoretical and numerical modeling skills relevant to photonics systems
- Prior knowledge in transmission system requirements is a plus
- Or (circuits)
- Fundamental understanding of broadband electronic circuit design
- Experience with RF circuit testing and characterization
- Prior knowledge in optical drivers, clock and data recovery (CDR) circuits is a plus
Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Applicants should provide the following information:
- Applicant name and contact information
- Curriculum vitae
- Statements of research and teaching interests
- An application letter describing the applicant’s current position and how his/her experience matches the position requirements
- Email contact information for at least three references