The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Assembly of experimental circuits or complete prototype models according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommendations for changes in circuits or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Setup of a standard test apparatus or devises to test equipment and circuits to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyze and interpret test data. Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuits and components and records effects on unit performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of a laboratory, shop or facility.
- Devises and builds assemblies by interfacing electronic devices with mechanical components for control and measuring purposes. Conducts required testing. Assembly of electrical circuits, electronic equipment and networks from plans; installation of required cabling and connections.
- Prepares and operates laboratory equipment. Ensures the proper use of equipment and safety procedures.
- Maintains inventory. Recommends and purchases parts, equipment and material.
Critical Skills Required
- Experience in the setup of a research laboratory equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair faulty equipment.
- Experienced in the day-to-day running of the labs or facility, and preparation of lab equipment.
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing and rectify minor faults or problems with equipment and possess the ability to monitor and maintain a safe working environment, in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Experience in operational training of lab equipment and accessories.
- Experience in maintenance of equipment.
- Experience in analysis and interpretation of test data. Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuits and components.
- Hands-on experience checking the circuits to ensure they can conduct functional, operational and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Experience in building assemblies by interfacing electronic devices with mechanical components for control and measuring purposes.
The successful candidate should have at least five years of experience and a graduate degree in Electronics, Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering.