Faisal AlMarzooqi Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Assistant Professor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Phone number: +97128109128
Dr. Faisal AlMarzooqi received his PhD degree in Interdisciplinary Engineering from Masdar Institute in 2015, with a focus in the application of membrane fabrication and nanotechnology in seawater desalination. Before joining Masdar Institute as a PhD student, Dr. Al Marzooqi worked for three years as a corrosion and a process engineer in the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) group companies, between 2009 and 2012. Dr. AlMarzooqi obtained is Master’s in Chemical Engineering from the Imperial College London in 2009. His Master’s research focused on the use of ionic liquids in the determination of surface energies.
In August 2015, Dr. AlMarzooqi joined Masdar Institute as an Assistant Professor. His current research interests are include desalination technologies such as capacitive deionization and membrane distillation. He also works on several other areas of research such as membrane fabrications, nanomaterials, fabrication of sensors and micro-fabrication techniques.
- Environmental Engineering
- Thermodynamic Modeling of Chemical Processes
- Capacitive Deionization
- Membrane based and Capacitive deionization based desalination
- Membrane fabrication and characterization
- Application of nanotechnology and nanomaterials in water desalination
- AlMarzooqi, F. A., Al Ghaferi, A. A., Saadat, I., & Hilal, N. (2014). Application of Capacitive Deionization in Water Desalination: A review. Desalination, 342, 3-15.