Mihai Sanduleanu Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Associate Professor - Microsystems Engineering
Department: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Phone number: +971 2 810 9399
Dr. Mihai Sanduleanu received his MSc, MEE and PhD degrees from the Technical University of Iasi, Romania, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands and University of Twente, The Netherlands in 1990, 1993 and 1999, respectively. He also received the Philips Foundation MSc and PhD Fellowship in 1993 and 1994 respectively.
From 1999 to 2000, Dr. Sanduleanu worked with Philips Semiconductors, in The Netherlands, working on fiber optic communication circuits. From 2000 to 2007 he joined Philips Research Eindhoven, The Netherlands, where he was involved in fiber optic interface circuits, radio frequency integrated circuit design, mm-waves transceiver design and ultra-low-power radios. While at Philips Research, Dr. Sanduleanu was adjunct professor in the Microelectronics Group of Eindhoven University of Technology.
In 2008 he had spent 6 months at Interuniversity Microelectronics Center (IMEC), Belgium, doing research on 60GHz transceiver design and THz electronics.
From 2008 to 2013, he conducted research at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, New York in mm-waves transceivers for communication, imaging and RADAR, THz electronics, high-speed analog-to-digital converters for wired/wireless communication systems and ultra-low-power radios.
Dr. Sanduleanu is currently Associate Professor at Masdar Institute of Science and Technology. His area of expertise includes wireless transceiver design for RF/mm-waves/THz communication, THz electronics, high speed communication circuits for serial I/O, high speed analog-to-digital converters, phased-array systems, imaging, fiber optic interface ICs, ultra-low-power radios, data and clock recovery and PLLs, High accuracy/low-power analog/mixed-signal circuits and systems, SoC design, on-chip sensors and actuators for autonomous transceivers (wired/wireless), high-speed digital circuits and systems, electromagnetics and antenna design.
Dr. Sanduleanu has authored/co-authored four books and more than 55 papers in international conferences and journals. He holds 43 US patents. Dr. Sanduleanu is the Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. He is also a member of the Semiconductor Research Center (SRC).
- Differential Equations and Linear Algebra (FDN 432)
- High Speed Communication Circuits (MIC612)
Research Interest/Research Projects
- Ultra low-power circuits and systems for wireless/wired communication
- Analog/mixed-signal/ RF/mm-Waves/sub mm-Waves SoC Design
- THz electronics
- High speed communication circuits for serial I/O and fiber optics
- High speed analog-to-digital converters
- mm-wave/sub mm-waves imaging
- M.A.T. Sanduleanu, M. Vidojkovic, V. Vidojkovic, Arthur V. Roermund and A. Tasic “Receiver Front-End Circuits for Future Generations of Wireless Communications”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express briefs, vol.55, Issue 4, pp.299-303, April 2008.
- W. Wu, M.A.T. Sanduleanu, X. Li and J.R. Long, “17GHz RF Front-Ends for Low-Power Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE Journal of Solid- State Circuits, vol.43, no.9, pp.1909-1919, Sept. 2008.
- Y. Jin, M.A.T. Sanduleanu, E. Alarcon and J.R. Long, “A Millimeter-Wave Power Amplifier with 25dB Power Gain and +8dBm Saturated Output Power”, IEEE Journal of Solid- State Circuits, vol.43, no.7, pp.1-10, July 2008