Masdar Institute’s Student Government Association (SGA) is composed of a diverse group of individuals selected to represent the overall student body. Their chief duties are:
- To act on behalf of every student at the Masdar Institute;
- To advise and make recommendations to the administration and faculty on professional and teaching matters;
- To counsel and offer suggestions to the administration on policy matters;
- To liaise between the student body and the administration;
- To provide a forum for discussion of relevant issues for the student body as a whole;
- To afford leadership opportunities for the development of students;
- To provide for and promote graduate student extra-curricular activities;
- To assist the Student Affairs Office (SAO) with the orientation of new students;
- To create a microcosm of intellectual and social growth within our institution; and
- To promote the well-being of each graduate student.
Elections for the SGA officers are held within 30 days of the first day of class each fall semester, with an additional election held in April for an interim SGA to replace graduating members. The interim members serve until the full elections are held, after the beginning of classes.
The structure of the Masdar Institute SGA is as follows:
Oraib G. Alketan Rojas
Dominique Johann Djanal-Mann