Assistant Professor - Electrical Engineering and Comupter Science Department
Phone number: +971 2 810 9301
Dr. Mohamed Al Hosani received his BSc degree in Electrical Engineering from the American University of Sharjah, UAE, in 2008. After that, he joined the Masdar Institute Fellowship Program to obtain his MSc and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA, in 2010 and 2013, respectively. His PhD work focuses on the Development of Transient and Distributed Algorithms to Improve Islanding Detection Capability of Inverter Based Distributed Generation.
Dr. Al Hosani is currently an Assistant Professor in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department at Masdar Institute. He is the recipient of a number of awards including the 2008 IEEE Myron Zucker Industry Applications Award, the 2008 National Advisory Council Research Award, and the 2009 Sharjah Islamic Bank Research Award. Dr. Al Hosani is a reviewer for several journals including IEEE Transactions in Energy Conversion and Industrial Electronics. He is also a professional member of IEEE. His main research interests include islanding detection algorithms, distributed generation protection and control, and micro-grid stability analysis.
- FDN 455: Introduction to Power Systems, planned for Fall 2014
- FDN 456: Energy Conversion, planned for Spring 2015
- Islanding Detection of inverter based Distributed Generation (DG)
- Distributed Generation Protection and Control
- Modeling and Stability Analysis of Micro-Grid and Smart Grid
- Parameter Estimation and Observation
- Control System Theory
- M. Al Hosani, and Z. Qu, “Robust Non-Linear Observer for Islanding Detection of Inverter Based Distributed Generation,” Proceedings of the 2012 Australian Control Conference, pp. 41-47, 15-16 November 2012
- M. Al Hosani, Z. Qu and H. Zeineldin, “Development of Current Dynamic Estimator for Islanding Detection of Inverter Based Distributed Generation,” 2010 International Conference on Power System Technology (POWERCON), pp. 1-8, 24-28 October 2010
- N. Qaddoumi, A.H. El-Hag, M. Al Hosani, I. Al Mansouri and H. Al Ghufli, "Detecting defects in outdoor non-ceramic insulators using near-field microwave non-destructive testing," IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol.17, no.2, pp.402-407, April 2010