Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Material Science and Engineering Program
Phone number: +971(0)2 810 9322
- BSc in Physics (Queen Mary University-University of London)
- MSc in Optics and Photonics (Imperial College-London)
- PhD in Chemistry (University of St Andrews)
- MSE 508 – Kinetics of Materials (Fall2013)
Advisor to Current Masdar Institute Students:
- Khaled Habeb Alattar
- Jason Bassett
Research Interest/Research Projects
Development and characterization of new alternative materials that enhance different technological applications. Improvement of current materials synthesis and processing mechanisms used in innovation and industry; which also enhance the general understanding of materials behavior.
Establishment of a strong base for materials research in the UAE where the focus will be in developing Emirati students experimental skills which will enable them along with the knowledge acquired within MI to be very active members in the future development of the country and be active in advance industries.
Current work is aimed at the establishment of a state of the art facility for materials synthesis and characterization within MI. Other works are centered on providing concise characterization of different materials from different projects; e.g. Takreer, ADNOC, STRATA, Tawazun; to better develop very effective solutions.
- Ahmed D. Aljaberi and John T. S. Irvine, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2013, 1, 5868-5874.