Professor - Engineering Systems and Management
Phone number: +971 2 810 9160
Toufic Mezher is the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and a Professor of Engineering Systems and Management at Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MIST). Before Joining MIST, he was a Professor of Engineering Management at the American University of Beirut from 1992 to 2007. He earned a BS in Civil Engineering from University of Florida, and a Master and ScD in Engineering Management from George Washington University in 1988 and 1992 respectively.
- Technology Strategy
Advisor to current Masdar Institute students
- Yousif Ahmed Al Abd (PhD)
- Omar Saif (PhD)
- Muna Ahmed Al Mehrezy
- Fatima Saleh Al Baloushi
- Mahdi Nasser Al Hameeri
- Abdulla Al Jeaidi
- Reem Abdulrahman Ketait
- Hamad Alraqbani
- Maryam Abdulhameed Alhosani
- Sooriya Arachchige Sooriyaarachchi
- Eiman Ali Salem Dhanhani
Research Interest/Research Projects
Research interests include Sustainable Development, Renewable Energy Policy, Building Knowledge-Based Economies and Innovation Systems, Knowledge Management, etc.
Current research projects:
- Evaluation of Handling Approached of Siemens AG Solid Waste Generated from the Postcap process considering Regulation in UAE.
- Evaluation and Modeling of Tuberculosis Control Program in Northern India to Develop Incentivized Case-finding Networks.
- Market study: Alternative fuels for power generation in MENA.
- Carbon Footprint Scenario Modeling: Extension for Assessment of Socio economic Impacts of Policies.
- Ferroukhi, R., Hawila, D., Ghazal, N., and Mezher, T., Renewable energy in the GCC: Status and Challenges, accepted for publications in International Journal of Energy Sector Management.
- Mezher, T., Park, J., Meeting the Renewable Energy and Sustainability Challenges in GCC Economies: Masdar Initiative Case Study in The GCC Economies, Part 2, Springer, pp. 69-84, 2012.
- Mezher, T., Dawelbait, G., Abbas, Z. Renewable energy policy options for Abu Dhabi: drivers and barriers, Energy Policy Journal, Vol. 42, pp. 315–328, 2012.
- Mezher, T., Goldsmith, D., and Choucri, N. Renewable Energy in Abu Dhabi: Opportunities and Challenges, ASCE Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol.137, No.4, pp. 169-176, 2011.
- Henschel, A., Dawelbait, G., Mezher, T., and Woon, W.L. “Forecasting Renewable Energy Technologies in Desalination and Power Generation using Taxonomies,” Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development, v2, n3, pp. 79-93, 2011.
- Mezher, T., Building Future Sustainable Cities: The Need for a New Mindset, Construction Innovation (Invited Editorial), v11, n2, pp 136-141, 2011.
- Mezher, T, Fath, H., Abbas, Z. and Khaled, A. Techno-economic Assessment and Environmental Impacts of Desalination Technologies, Desalination Journal, v266, n1-3, pp. 263-273, 2011.
- Mezher, T., Noamani, D., Abdul-Malak, M.A., and Maddah, B. Analyzing Sustainability Knowledge in the Arab World. Sustainable Development, 19, 402–416, 2011.
- Choucri, N., Goldsmith, D., and Mezher, T. Renewable Energy Policy in an Oil-Exporting Country: The Case of the United Arab Emirates. Renewable Energy Law and Policy Review, v1, n1, pp. 77-86, 2010.
- Mezher, T., Tabbara, S., and Al Hosany, N. An Overview of CSR in the Renewable Energy Sector: Examples from Masdar Initiative in Abu Dhabi. Management of Environmental Quality, v 21, n6, pp. 744 - 760, 2010. (Got 2011 Outstanding Paper Award by Emerald Literati Network).