Executive Director of Institute Initiatives, Professor of Practice - Chemical Engineering /Engineering Systems and Management
Phone number: +971 02 8109313
Dr.Griffiths is Masdar Institute’s Executive Director of Institute Initiatives and a Professor of the Practice in Chemical Engineering. He earned his PhD in Chemical Engineering from MIT and his MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management.
Prior to his role at Masdar Institute, Dr. Griffiths was the Executive Director of the MIT Technology and Development Program’s MIT/Abu Dhabi Program and the founding Executive Vice President of Light Pharma Inc. In these roles he worked in the United States, India and the Middle East leading the development and implementation of technical and strategic relationships. His interests and expertise are process design, technology strategy and financial analysis in the areas of information technology, biotechnology, and advanced energy technologies.
For more inforation please visit Dr. Griffiths' profile at the Masdar Chemical Engineering Progam website.
Courses / Teaching Interests:
- Technology Strategy
- Sustainable Energy
Research Interest/Research Projects
- Technology strategy
- Technology transfer
- Management and innovaton processes
- Renewable energy policy
- Renewable energy and sustainability investment
- Biwer, S. Griffiths and C.L. Cooney, “Uncertainty analysis of Penicillin v Production using Monte Carlo simulation”, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2005, vol. 90, pg. 167.
- S. Griffiths and C.L. Cooney, “Development of a peptide mapping procedure to identify and quantify methionine oxidation in recombinant human a1-antitrypsin”, Journal of Chromatography A, 2002, vol. 942, pg. 133.
- S. Griffiths and C.L. Cooney, “Relationship between protein structure and methionine reactivity in recombinant human a1-antitrypsin”, Biochemistry, 2002, vol. 41, pg. 6,245.