Assistant Professor - Engineering Systems and Management
Phone number: +971 2 810 9132
Prior to joining Masdar Institute faculty, Dr. I-Tsung Tsai served as a water strategy consultant for the Singapore government and was a visiting scholar to the Institute of Financial Research and Management, India in 2006. His research interests include carbon management, carbon finance, infrastructure policy and information economics. His current research estimates the effect of emission allowances on human health. Previously, he studied the implicit incentive mechanism embedded in financial contracts, and the effect of asymmetric information in the online auction markets.
- System Project Management
- Systems Optimization
Advisor to current Masdar Institute students:
Research Interest/Research Projects
- Carbon trade
- Carbon pricing
- Carbon management
- Energy efficient infrastructure and transportation systems
Selected Recent Publications:
- Wang Y., Almazrooei S., Kapsalyamova Z., Diabat A., Tsai I. (2015) "Utility subsidy reform in Abu Dhabi: A review and a Computable General Equilibrium analysis", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, In Press DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2015.07.099.
- Sooriyaarachchi T., Tsai I., El Khatib S., Farid A., Mezher T. (2015) “Job Creation Potentials and Skill Requirements in PV, CSP, Wind, Waste-to-energy and Energy Efficiency Value Chains” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, 52, 653-668.
- Tsai I. (2015) “Strengthening The Legal and Regulatory Framework in The Gulf Cooperation Council Countries to Promote the Development of Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage”, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia Working Paper: E/ESCWA/SDPD/2015/WP.1
- Fu Y.M., Diabat A., Tsai I. (2014), “An Integrated Quay Crane Scheduling Problem”, Expert Systems with Applications, 41, 6959-6965.
- Kapsalyamova Z., T. Mezher, N. Al Hosany, Tsai I. (2014) “Are Low Carbon Cities Attractive to Cleantech Firms? Empirical Evidence from a Survey”, Sustainable Cities and Society, 13, 125–138.