Assistant Professor - Microsystems Engineering
Phone Number: +971 2 810-9209
Dr. Ayman Shabra received his B.S. degree from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (1994) and his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1997 and 2001). He joined Masdar Institute after almost a decade of industrial experience at Analog Devices and MediaTek, where he was engaged in the design of numerous products for the wireless handset market from concept to mass production. His analog and mixed signal circuit design experience includes circuits for communications, battery and power management, sensor interfaces and MMI technologies.
- Analog and mixed-signal integrated circuit design, integrated microelectronic devices, and signal processing.
Advisor to current Masdar Institute students:
Research Interest/Research Projects
- Analog and mixed-signal circuits and their application within a variety of systems such as future wireless communication and power management.
- Research problems that fall within the Cooper-Hewitt 90 percent design themes.
RESEARCH ENGINEERING POSITION ON INTEGRATED CIRCUIT DESIGN FOR WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS AT MASDAR INSTITUTE
We seek outstanding candidates to fill multiple research engineering positions in the Microsystems Engineering Program at Masdar Institute (MI). The candidates will be working on SRC funded projects on the design of integrated circuits for minimum-energy wireless sensor network applications. The candidate should be proficient in the design of analog, RF, or digital circuits with a working knowledge of the relevant CAD tools.
Knowledge of semiconductor physics is a plus. Interested individuals should apply by contacting Dr. Shabra via email (
). Applicants are requested to include their curriculum vitae and the names of at least two references.
- A. Shabra, and H.-S Lee, "Oversampled pipeline A/D Converts with Mismatch Shaping "IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuits, p.p. 566-578, vol. 37, May 2002
- A. Shabra, J.Gealow, and P.Ferguson, "GSM DAC with new segmented mismatch shaping technique, "Proc. IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conf. pp. 191-193, Oct., 2004.
- A. Shabra, "Mixed-signal design for wireless handsets, "International Microelectronics Conference, Dec, 2006.
- J. Gealow et. al., "A 2.8mW Delta Sigma ADC with 83dB DR and 1.92MHz BW using FIR outer feedback and TIA-based integrator." 2011 Symposium on VLSI Circuits.
- A. Shabra, "Integrated circuit and electronic device comprising threshold generation," US Patent 7936298, 2011.
- A. Shabra and A. Yan, "Digital filter system whose stopband roots lie on unit circle of compled plane and accociated method," US Patent 7,693,923, 2010.
- H.-S. Lee and A. Shabra, "Oversampled pipeline ADC with mismatch shaping," US Patent 6,137,431, 2000.
- A. Shabra and C.-Y. Chien, "Touchscreen Apparatus, Integrated Circuit Device, Electronic Device and Method Therefor," US Patent Application 2011/0043462 A1, 2011.