Masdar Institute accepts online applications through our online form. Click here to apply.
How to apply
For the initial Masdar Institute of Science and Technology application process, copies of documents submitted do not have to be original or certified true as yet. However, to finalize the admission process you will need to provide certified documents and a completed Master’s degree in a relevant field
Applicants are required to fill in the online application form and submit the following documents:
- Copy of undergraduate/graduate transcripts (PDF format)
- Statement of Objectives (PDF format)
- Research Proposal (for PhD applicants) (PDF format)
- Copy of GRE and TOEFL (or IELTS) scores (PDF format)
- Copy of CV (including education, list of publications, awards, professional experience, etc.) (PDF format)
- JPEG passport-sized photo of not more than 100K in size
- Name and email address of 3 referees (preferably university/professional email addresses and not common Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. addresses)
Guidelines for Statement of Objectives
The Statement of Objectives is very important so we encourage you to write it carefully. We seek a statement of one to two pages (approximately 400 to 1,000 words) explaining your reasons for wanting to do graduate work at the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology.
Your Statement of Objectives should describe:
- How you think about the world and your professional objectives
- The issues or problems you want to address during your studies at Masdar Institute and the setting in which you eventually see yourself working professionally
- How your previous studies and work experience (if any) relates to what you propose to do at Masdar Institute
- Why you are applying to Masdar Institute and the specific program
- Other matters you think are important for us to know
Guidelines for the Research Proposal (for PhD applicants)
Candidates are required to write a brief proposal for research outlining in general terms the scope of their intended research project, and naming at least three potential research advisors from the Masdar Institute faculty. (Faculty and their research interests can be found on the website).
The Research Proposal should include:
- A brief description of the research project
- Describe what you hope to accomplish including practical or theoretical benefits
- Describe how you intend to approach the project
Admissions for fall 2015 is now open.